Certified Nurses Aide Refresher
(10 clock hours)
This course is designed for Kansas CNA's who have not met the requirements that they have been employed to perform nursing tasks in the past 24 consecutive months. This course consists of five hours didactic training and five hours laboratory/clinical.
CNA Refresher classes meet on selected Saturdays from 7:00am – 6:00pm
Requirements for CNA Refresher
- Must have a Kansas Nurses Aide Certification
- Copy of Drivers License or valid photo identification
- Copy Social Security Card
The following topics are all covered in this course:
- The nurse aide responsibility in the health care delivery
- Resident's rights (including preventing and reporting ANE)
- Safety (including Heimlich Maneuver)
- Infection control (including Hand Washing)
- Bed making
- Personal care skills (including feeding, bathing, dressing, elimination needs and skin care)
- Transfers, positioning and turning
- Measurements and recording of vital signs.
**Please Note Changes with the Recertification of the Nurses Aide Certificate.
The following is a Notice from the Health Occupations Credentialing Office:
1. Nurses Aides that go one year from the date of their nurses aide certification without working as a CNA, will become INACTIVE and will have to take the Refresher course.
2. An individual must be 16 years of age to be certified as a nurses aide.
3. Health Occupations Credentialing will no longer issue certification cards for nurse aides, home health aides or medication aides. Any required certification information is available on the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry at www.ksnurseaidregisrty.org. There is no federal or state requirement that an individual possess a physical certification card only that they are listed on the state nurse aide registry with a certification which is active and with no prohibitions.
Health Occupations Credentialing, KDADS
612 South Kansas Ave.
Topeka, Kansas 66603