CERTIFIED NURSES AIDE REFRESHER
(10 clock hours)
This course is designed for Kansas CNA's who have not met the requirements that they have been employed to perform nursing tasks in the past 24 consecutive months. This course consists of five hours didactic training and five hours laboratory/clinical.
Cost of Class: $180.00
Classes We Offer:
Saturday (1 Day)
7:00am – 6:30pm
Requirements for CNA Refresher
- Must have a Kansas Nurses Aide Certification
- Copy of Drivers License or valid photo identification
- Copy Social Security Card
The following topics are all covered in this course:
- The nurse aide responsibility in the health care delivery
- Resident's rights (including preventing and reporting ANE)
- Safety (including Heimlich Maneuver)
- Infection control (including Hand Washing)
- Bed making
- Personal care skills (including feeding, bathing, dressing, elimination needs and skin care)
- Transfers, positioning and turning
- Measurements and recording of vital signs.
The following is a Notice from the Health Occupations Credentialing Office:
Nurses Aides that go two years from the date of their nurses aide certification without working as a CNA, will become INACTIVE and will have to take the Refresher course. An individual must be 16 years of age to be certified as a nurses aide. Health Occupations Credentialing will no longer issue certification cards for nurse aides, home health aides or medication aides. Any required certification information is available on the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry at www.ksnurseaidregisrty.org. There is no federal or state requirement that an individual possess a physical certification card only that they are listed on the state nurse aide registry with a certification which is active and with no prohibitions.
Cancellation & Tuition Refund policy.
The student must submit an email to Contact Us for refund, notifying Kansas College Of Nursing of the intent to withdraw from the class.
Further refund info, please read below:
Refunds are calculated from the last date of recorded attendance and are based upon the following policy statement.
- A full refund, minus $50.00 registration fee, if the applicant withdraws or cancels enrollment within three business days prior to class start date.
- If the student cancels one or two business days prior to class start date, they will receive 90% refund, minus $50.00 registration fee and $100 administrative fee.
- Once a student starts classes and withdraws or is terminated for any reason, the following refund schedule will apply:
a. Within the first week of the program, a refund of 85% of the current amount paid, minus the $50.00 registration fee and a $100.00 administrative fee.
b. Within the second week of the program a refund of 75% of the current amount paid, minus the $50.00 registration fee and a $100.00 administrative
c. Within the third week of the program, a refund of 50% of the current amount paid, minus the $50.00 registration fee and a $100.00 administrative fee.
d. AFTER the third week of the program, a student WILL NOT be entitled to a refund and shall be obligated for the full price of the program.
e. All refund calculations are based on tuition charges only.
f. If the student is a No-Show WITHOUT email notice of absence, student will NOT receive refund.
All refunds are paid within 60 days from the effective date. The effective date is the date on which the college receives notice of the student’s intention to withdraw from College or the date on which the student violates college policy providing for termination or the date the student fails to return from an approved leave of absence, whichever is earlier. All refunds are issued via check only and said student must pick up from campus location with picture ID.
*The above calculations are performed based on contact hours for the Kansas College of Nursing and based on weeks of attendance for all other programs.