CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE
(96 clock hours)
This course follows the guidelines of the Kansas State Department of Health and Environment, which following up with taking the Kansas State Certified Nurse Aide examination, which we make sure you are prepared for by that date. The Nurse Aide gives simple, basic nursing care to patients in either a nursing home or hospital setting. CNA’s are always under supervision of a licensed nurse. The course if 96 clock hours which involves lectures, discussions, skills practice in our learning lab, and clinical experience in a nursing home.
Orientation will be held the first day of class at KCN (7721 Quivira Road, Lenexa KS, 66216) at 2pm. Everything you will need to know for the class will be gone over during this time.
**Scrubs are Mandatory to wear to class and clinicals.**
Requirements For CNA Enrollment
- Copy of Drivers License or valid photo identification
- Copy of Negative TB Skin Test (within last 6 months) or chest X-ray (within last 5 years)
- CNA students will need to wear navy blue scrubs for class picture and ID badge for clinical. The instructor will provide you with dates ahead of time.
- Each student will pay a $60.00 application fee and state exam fee. This appears as a course fee and will be collected with tuition.
State Exam for Certified Nurse Aide
- Kansas College of Nursing will notify you of your state testing date and time. You must successfully pass our Certified Nurse Aide class before you are eligible to test. The state exam is regulated and written by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
- The Kansas State Exam is now a computerized exam, as of August 2013. Any and All students will need to be familiar with computers in order to take these courses at Kansas College of Nursing. Kansas College of Nursing Does Not have the capability to teach students how to use computers.
- The cost of the exam is $40.00, which is collected with your tuition payment. All fees are non-fundable once the course is completed. If you miss the exam, you will be responsible to pay a fee of $20.00 to reschedule with the State of Kansas.
- YOU MUST BE ON TIME. The time and location of the exam will be provided for you on a testing form after you complete the class.
- You must present two forms of identification; one must be picture identification, to the proctor at the test site.
- You must be able to provide your social security number on the test for identification.
- If you are late, or fail to appear for your scheduled test, you must call (785) 296-1250 to request a rescheduling form which required an additional fee of $40.00. Kansas College of Nursing will not reschedule you if you miss your scheduled test date.
- Each candidate has a total of three attempts with 12 months from the beginning date of the course to successfully complete the state test.
- ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
- Kansas State Exam is now a computerized test.
- Test scored may be requested by writing to the address listed below:
612 South Kansas Ave.
Topeka, Kansas 66603