Certified Medication Aide
- In Courses
CERTIFIED MEDICATION AIDE
Classroom and clinical experiences will provide you with the skills necessary to administer oral and topical medication in a safe and accurate manner in an adult care home in Kansas. Upon successful completion of the course with a passing grade, you are eligible to take the Kansas Nursing Home Medication Aide test.
Prerequisites for Certified Medication Aide (75 clock hours)
- Must be a Certified Nurse Aide in Kansas
- Must take the Work Keys test and score at least a 4 before enrolling. KCN will administer this.
- Bring the following FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Kansas Certified Nurse Aide Card
- Negative TB Skin Test (within last 6 months) or chest X-ray ( within last 5 years)
- Copy of Drivers License or valid photo identification
- Copy Social Security Card
- CMA students will need to wear navy blue scrubs for class picture and ID badge for clinical. The instructor will provide you with dates ahead of time. Street clothes are worn for regular class days.
- Each student will pay a $20.00 application fee and $20.00 for the state exam. This appears as a course fee and will be collected with tuition.
NOTE: The student can enroll in CMA if he/she has finished CNA but is waiting to take CNA state exam.
Day CMA classes meet on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 8:00am – 2:30pm
Evening CMA classes meet on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Weekend CMA classes meet on Saturday and Sunday from 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Health Occupations Credentialing, KDHE
Curtis State Office Bldg. Ste 200
1000 SW Jackson
Topeka, Kansas 66612-1365